CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The long-time-no-update update.

I know it's been awhile! We've been so busy. Here's a brief run-down of the last couple of months.

On the first of April, mom and Terri threw Adan a birthday party in Pearl River. It was so nice. Everyone was there, and Adan got lots of cool presents. Here are some photos of the party:








Another big update is that Adan is now sleeping in the BIG BOY bed!! He's in a twin size bed, without rails, even! He's been in it for over a month, and there have been no more night terrors. I'm not sure if I'd posted about that or not, but for a long time, Adan was having some serious issues with night terrors. He would begin SCREAMING at different times in the night, as though he was awake, but actually, he was asleep. The terrors got so bad that we video taped them and then we called his pedi who confirmed that it was night terrors. Since he's been in his bed, though, he's not had ANY. Recently he's even begun to sleep right through the night, from 9pm to 7-8 am. It's a really good feeling!

Here are some photos of him in his big boy bed.




Adan also has a new trick. He climbs on EVERYTHING. While he has NO fear, he is also very cautious. He has really good balance and has proven it over and over again. It's a wonder, though, that I don't have a head-full of gray hair. I can not turn my back on this boy for a MINUTE! He's a pro at getting on and off our king-sized bed, even our TABLE. Of course I discourage the latter- since I caught him nearly hanging from our chandelier!






How old are you, Adan? He says... I'm ONE!



Adan has his own swimming pool, too. He loves it. We're actually on our second one, since the first one was worn out!




Every afternoon, Ollie seems like he can sense that Miguel is on his way home. About 10 minutes before he drives into the drive-way, Ollie goes to the window. This is a common sight at our house as we await daddy's arrival!


My future Calvin Klein model



Miguel and his thyroid:
We discovered that Miguel's thyroid is way over active. A normal thyroid functions at a level of 35. His was well over 1000. It explained so many of the symptoms he's had over the last few years. Because of the seriousness of it, it was recommended that he see an oncologist to have radiation treatment to ablate the thyroid. His doctor told us that even though I am pregnant, I would only have to stay away for 3-4 days (and he expressed that even that was a bit of an over-reaction.).

Update on baby number two:

We had our first ultrasound of our little bean on the 23rd of May. At that point, I was only 6 weeks, so there wasn't much to see. Our next appointment is on the 20th of this month and I'm SOO excited! I'll be almost 11 weeks, so there will be much more to see! We still won't know the gender until September, but at least he/she will look like a baby at this point!

At our appointment, I found out that due to Miguel's radiation treatment for his thyroid, we would have to be away from him for 2 weeks. My ob was extremely concerned about the level of radiation Adan and I (and the peanut) would be exposed to. I was prepared to stay away for a few days- since I was going to Slidell for Kaya's birthday party anyway. I was NOT prepared to stay away for 2 weeks. Somehow, we made it through though. A few days into our "adventure" me, Terri, Aunt Faye and Uncle Johnny got extremely ill. I had 102 fever and was throwing up like crazy. It lasted almost 3 days. I was very worried about baby bean, but he/she is just fine now. Adan had a touch of it for one day, but luckily it didn't last long.

We finally got home on Monday and got the all clear, after 12 days, to be around Miguel, as long as we didn't get too close to him. He's still sleeping on an air mattress on the floor, washing his clothes separately and drinking/eating from different plates/glasses. He gets his levels checked every week, and they are sloooooowly going down.


How does a dog go?
Adan says wuff wuff wuff in the cutest little voice. He also knows what a "kitty" is and when he sees one, he goes "Meeeooowww!! Kitty!!" We don't have cats, but he sees them around the neighborhood and LOVES them.
He also LOVES to give Ollie "hugs." I need to get some photos of that!

Adan also has learned how to "ask" for things. If he wants milk or juice, he brings me his cup and nods his head REALLY hard as though he's asking for some. If he's hungry, he goes to the kitchen and points to the refrigerator and nods his head. He's a smart one. Definitely knows what he wants!

Well, I think that's all the updates I have for now. Now that I'm all caught up, I'll update more often!

0 comments: