CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, April 27, 2007

Adan is born!













I started having some contractions in the afternoon of the 27th of March. We arrived at the hospital at 5am on the 28th of March. Here I am that morning ready to meet Adan!

At the hospital, they realized that I was only dialated 2cm but was having contractions. They allowed me to labor a few more hours, then came in and broke my water. That's when the real fun began! I started having really strong contractions. Miguel was WONDERFUL throughout the entire time. He helped me with my breathing and helped me keep my mind on anything but the pain. After about 6 hours, my doctor checked me again and I only progressed to 4 cm. I was so tired and in so much pain. I finally broke down and asked for the epidural. After 3 more hours (and three refills of epidural!) I was finally at 10 cm and ready for Adan's arrival. 3 hours after that, Adan's heartbeat dropped considerably and the doctors and nurses were quite worried. He rebounded just fine, though. Adan came into the world at 6:13pm on March 28th 2007. He weighed 8 pounds, 11 oz and was 19.25 inches long. He had a slight heart murmur, but after a day or so, he was just fine.
I can not put into words how I felt that day. To see my precious little man for the first time was the most amazing moment of my life. He was absolutely perfect in every way. Everything in my life totally faded away when I looked at his precious little face. At that moment, and since that moment, nothing is as important as it once was. The only priority in my life is my family. My family is now complete with the addition of Adan James.

0 comments: